Wednesday, August 27, 2014

As an Artist




















                                      Bogdan Aleksandrov,"Process" studio,
                                                                                   June, 2008




“As an artist”


It is difficult to define what is “good”art or “bad” art as well as what is the meaning of culture to our societies, for myself, I do not try to define these things; I leave this for the critics and art historians to debate; rather, I focus on embracing my own motivating drive with as much sincerity and force of conviction as is possible. With no judgments for other artists and the beliefs they espouse, I find my drive as an artist in my ability to translate those issues and concerns of society which surround us today into aesthetically synthesized intuitions, sometimes even surprising myself in the new understandings they seem to offer up. As an artist, I do not offer the intention of “good” or “bad” art, I offer conviction, sincerity, and the faith that the work I create will somehow have resonance in an individual spectator in such a way that he or she will feel the same surprise and find the same new understanding which I find in the creation of the work.



















"Rules for Society", Acrylic on Canvas, 2007
















"Rule 10", Acrylic on Canvas, 2007


















"Am I making myself clear?"
Acrylic on Canvas, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home